"hopefully not fully bricked" ipod HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by albert_trebla, Jun 4, 2008.

1. albert_trebla

albert_trebla New Member

I do jailbreaks and such for people from school and such, i get maybe 2 or 3 a day and usually have verry little trouble with any of them. But one afternoon one of my ipods misteriously went into the ziphone error loop "BSD root: md0, major2, minor0". this is usually a pretty easy error to fix (hold sleep/home and reset in itunes) thought i have never encountered it before. but now comes one of the complications, none of the buttons respond, no matter how many times i try, the only thing i can do is run it out of batteries. making things more complicated, it is not recognized by itunes, any of the Windows drivers or an of my 12 usb ports, it's not my computer. i have not tried ssh to fix it but i doubt it would recognize it and i wouldn't know what to fix. this ipod was certified new from apple, never jailbroken. if anyone would know what to do, or if anyone else has ever had this issue, try and shed some light on this situation, please!

this is my standard jailbreaking procces:
    -itunes: restore to 1.1.4 firmware
    -ziphone: put into recovery mode
    -winpwn: pwn with ipwner
    -itunes: restore to pre-made 1.1.4 firmware (winpwn)
    -iliberty+: install BSD subsystem (it is too big of a file to put in my custom firmware)

i can't remember exacly when i stared getting the message. there is a tiny chance that i got this message once this was all done and i put the ipod back into recovery mode, i'm not sure why i would do that, so that probably isn't it. when i run the ipod out of batteries it shuts off and then restarts normally, after 5 or 10 seconds of apple logo, it runs code like it is being pwned or jailbroken (ziphone or iliberty+). whe i plug the ipod in to a computer, the ipod says something (two or three lines of code saying something about usb) and then goes back to being gay, the ipod also recognises being disconnected.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Just as I said in your other thread, use ZiPhone to put the device into Normal Mode.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Don't make multiple threads over the exact same thing.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Cmon, he just wants to get his post count up like you!
  5. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

naturally i can't solve your problem, but can you tell me why you do the following processes for jailbreaking? I mean what's the advantages? Couldn't you just jailbreak with Ziphone and leave it as that? thanx in advance
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Pwning and jailbreaking basically do the same thing but with different methods. By pwning you can pre-make your firmware with whatever apps you like and bot and restore images. If you jailbreak you just install them yourself from the installer. That's the short version but there are plenty of stickies on here to tell you about it.
  7. albert_trebla

albert_trebla New Member

its not recognized in ziphone
  8. albert_trebla

albert_trebla New Member

if i'm jaibreaking nore than 2 ipods a day i don't want to download every app, i make a pre made firmware with winpwn to speed thins up, but i use iliberty+ to but on bsd subsystem because it would take the place of to many plications on my limited space for winpwn custom firmwares
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Why not just put in recovery mode manually/with iLiberty+? Eliminates the need for ZiPhone...
  10. albert_trebla

albert_trebla New Member

with iliberty you have unplug it, uuuug, and we don't want to unplug it, way to incovenient