Hope For the future

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SoFellLordPerth16, Sep 24, 2007.

1. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

While this isn't useful at the moment, as we're all waiting on apptapp/jailbreak, has anyone tried looking for the third layer of connectivity in the headphone jack or tried using the iphone headphone button to play/pause, ect....? If you can play pause with this, in theory you could make the built in mic work as well....

comments/ideas?
  2. lolmaster

lolmaster New Member

hmm might work...

heres a theory if it worked

since the technology making the play pause functions might be simple... maybe we can hack it so we can send files back and forth from the ipot

thats what i think...

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. simguyanime

simguyanime New Member

bangs head against wall... Too much CSI and other shows that oversimplify technology.
  4. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

this is getting out of hand ...
  5. rollerz

rollerz New Member

Can't use the iPhone's headphones, as they are smaller (2.5 mm vs 3.5 mm) so really, no chance there.

And if you are talking about doing something like the shuffle does (transferring stuff thru the headphones), that'd be a hell of a reverse engineering job.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

7. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yer hes right i would be and how do you think that is even remotely possible i mean man i don't fully understand what your going on about OK ill shut up now

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. SoFellLordPerth16

the iphone headphones are the same size. what im wondering is if the iPoT has the extra layers in the headphone jack because apple didn't want to make a new one. then one could purchase a iphone "headset" and use the mic for VoIP
  9. SoFellLordPerth16

no there not! i just looked at my friends, same size, just an extra layer, like line out for video
  10. hollip3020

hollip3020 New Member

no, its been confirmed by a few people that it doesnt work. the jack on the iPoT is a standard 1/8" headphone jack. the jack on the iphone is non-standard so if anything they wouldve put the standard jack in the iphone if they "didn't want to make a new one."