Honest Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Exosion, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Why is everyone so anxious to get their hands on the 3.0 Beta? Like I'm actually wanting to know why people want it. For me so far, it's been extremely unstable, and seems to crash often (especially in the music app), there is no jailbreak released yet which is a downside (and it won't be easy to achieve since apple redid the ASR) and bluetooth only supports A2DP. I just don't understand why people are rushing to go get it.

And I know people think I pirated mine, but I didn't, I'm actually testing it out and I'm going to give Apple feedback in the dev portal. (PROOF: here )
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I dunno, but it seems 3.0 doesn't like my apps, keeps crashing for unknown reasons
  3. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Exactly, it's unstable.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Didn't need to post the same thing twice.

I bought my dev account not only because I've been wanting to code, but because I like being up to date. 3.0 is good, if a little buggy. I can see why people would want it, but that is no means to pirate (if that's what you're saying.

And it's a bit crashy, but nowhere near unstable.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why do people want various things? I'll never know.
  6. Jord Teh PwneR

Jord Teh PwneR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Because, Apple has 'supposedly' majorly updated their iPhoneOS for both the iPod Touch and the iPhone. Updates which can open doors for developers to further extend their apps to make a profit and for users to enjoy and have fun. After all, Apple describe the iPod Touch as 'The funnest iPod ever'.

Why are you complaining that it's buggy and unstable? That's why betas are made. All great developments start off with betas, where they can 'Test Run' their program/software/app and then can make further improvement on it so it is 'All Systems Go' for the release.
  7. rogatsby

rogatsby New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There have been some glitches, but I would not call it unstable at all. In fact, I have had very few problems so far. For an early beta, I am actually quite impressed.
  8. duckboy

duckboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can see why developers want it - it gives the a chance to test the new apps that will most probably make them a lot of money.
    End Users, like me, I can't really see the point of upgrading if they are jailbroken, as features and more can be replicated. I guess some people are either not jailbroken, or just want to have the latest thing.
  9. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

umm thats why its a beta. you are expected to see problems in it.
  10. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."

That's pretty much it. Nerds, er, I mean, iPod touch/iPhone enthusiasts saw the Keynote, and now that they're all excited for the new features, they wouldn't want to wait until summer to get their hands on it. And because it's $99, they go through obstacles to try to find an alternative route.. yeah.