Home network connection without a router

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wscheepers, Nov 16, 2007.

1. wscheepers

wscheepers New Member

Need help from the clever people.

At Microsoft site there is a document explaining how to setup a wireless home network connection in Windows XP without a router by using a broadband and a WiFi connection. The setup seems to be OK, both iPodTouch and computer accepted the connection. An IP address and subnet mask is allocated to the iPodTouch.

By triaging to connect to the internet suing Safari I get the following message: “Safari can’t open the page because it can’t find the server”.

Regards
  2. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Actually, I think its entirely possible. Heck, I did it the first day I got my iPod. I'd spent over an hour tinkering with my modem until somehow, my iPod was connected to the internet.

Sadly, I have no idea exactly what I did (except entering the IP address, DNS ect. in the wrong fields and hoping something would happen.)
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i can tell you how to get it working on Vista, but its a totally different method on XP and i havent tried it on XP yet. you need either 2 wifi cards, or a wired card and a wifi card.
  4. emed795

emed795 New Member

Did you setup an adhoc wireless network between your iPod and XP? Also, did you configure internet connection sharing? I don't have an XP computer on hand just Vista so I can't give specific instructions but I would check those things.