home button stopped working when i single click, but works for double click

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Oregon, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

I was listening to music and playing Labyrinth Lite (while taking a poo). I finished, clicked to go to home screen, but it didn't respond. I clicked again, and then the music popup opened.

I was able to fix it by hooking it up to my computer, syncing, unplugging, and fixed. But why would this happen? Is it from BossPrefs? And will it ever be "unfixable"?
  2. keved

keved New Member

That happened to my friend, and here's what he told me:

The guy at the Apple Store told him that it's when music is encoded wrong, basically whenever you don't purchase it from iTunes or transfer from a CD via iTunes (this includes downloading from anywhere, such as Amazon, transferring your songs from a CD via Windows Media Player, and P2P networks I think, which you shouldn't be using in the first place anyway.)

If it's not jailbroken AND you get all of your music from iTunes and CDs transferred through iTunes, I think you can get a new one through your warranty after you restore!

EDIT: Nice username!
  3. Oregon

Oregon New Member

Almost all my music is either bought off Amazon, borrowed from the library, or borrowed from friends. At the moment it happened, I was listening to music I got from a friend, and I don't know how it was acquired by them. I guess that's illegitimate, but it was easy enough to fix, so its all good.

Thank you, good sir!
  4. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It is just bug in the system, it happened to me and to my friend too I don't know why, maybe keved is right and it's about bad encoding, whatever it is, Apple must fix it.
  5. Roondog12355

Roondog12355 Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    my friend had the same thing its not the music its the firmware if you have the 2.2.1 fw that you got long ago get it again and it should work
  6. omarzizo

omarzizo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hi i just notice that after Untethered Jailbreaking do you ?
  7. EvilDuck

EvilDuck New Member

OMG that made me laugh

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. kzr22

kzr22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    apple WILL fix it my home button broke and it was a tethered jailbreak so I couldnt restore or get into dfu but they fixed my completely broken homebutton by replacing it
  9. fatcatipodtouch

fatcatipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That happened to me, all you have to do i keep clicking the home and sleep button very rapidly until that lockscreen music thing comes up and then it should work. Thats how i fixed it. Hope this helps you!
  10. REvie

REvie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just restore if it is jailbroken and apple can never tell. Apple never really checks if it is jailbroken or not. Most of the workers that own an ipod touch jailbreak theirs.