Home button problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stoopid17, Jun 1, 2008.

1. stoopid17

stoopid17 New Member

I own a 16gb ipod touch. Bought it back in November, not jailbroken, has the apple apps(mail, weather, maps, etc). It has 4gb free left on the memory. About 2 weeks ago I started having problems with the home button, I would press it and it would bring up the music player like I had pressed the button twice. Then yesterday the home button stopped working altogether. I press it and nothing happens at all: cant turn the ipod on with it or go to the home screen.

Is this a common problem?

As much as I love my ipod touch it seems like I have nothing but problems. It seems like every few weeks it will freeze up, be unresponsive, keep kicking me back to the home screen. I have never been able to listen to music and use safari at the same time; kicks me back to home screen, music stops. I am sometimes able to use mail, weather, notes, etc with music without it stopping the music and going to home screen.

About once a week while listening to music the music will just stop playing and kick me back to home screen.
    Sometimes I cant even use safari without music, just kicks me back to home screen.
    I have tried restoring, power off, reset all setting, etc but these problems just keep coming back.

I have been able to deal with these problems but the home screen button not working is the most aggravating of them all.
  2. Soul Amazing

Soul Amazing New Member

Take it back to the store
  3. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Since it's unjailbroken, take it to the store and ask for a new one.