home button on 2.2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yanks111890, Jan 28, 2009.

1. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So i just jb 2.2.1 with the new cmd method from i think jfb? Anyway i used app and apt backup and got everything back in 20 min. After trying to change my boot logo with LogoMe the home button stopped working. I tried all the suggestions assuming a restore would work, but it didn't.

I now have a fresh 2.2.1 on my iPod after restore, but still a broken home button.

I know that there was a way to open the iPod and fix it if somebody knows that. Apple won't give me a new 1G touch right since i bought it last Nov.

Any help greatly appreciated

PS: I had an easy open tool for when i fixed my digitizer, but can't find it. What is the best way to open my iPod without one I'm tryin to avoid a razor cause I know I'll f*** something up?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    and you post this in the ipod 2g section because....
  3. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    sh*t i wasnt payin attention. bad day lol. i meant to put it in ipod touch 2.2
  4. dermako

dermako New Member

Hi,

I have a Touch 2G and have some trouble with my home button since the update.

clicking it once does nothing, the second time I press it i get the music popup

I doesn't matter how long I wait until I click the home button the second time. (no double click as usual)

the device is obviously not JB, and all software from AppStore
  5. Duykur

Duykur Banned

maybe it stopped working because you hacked it...

looks to me like a program error, reset your iPod and don't use logome this time!
  6. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I fixed it this afternoon the home contact on the inside slid over so when i pressed it it wasnt touching anything.

unfortanuetly that screwed me and now i have a touch that wont turn on cause i severed the red ribbon

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. bellamire

bellamire New Member

Yea my home button and volume buttons weren't responding for me just a few minutes ago. I updated yesterday. I just restarted the iPod and it works now. Hopefully it won't happen too often.
  8. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Welcome to the forums! Just a friendly reminder, plz dont hijack other peoples threads by asking for help, just start a new one, and before you submit a new one, check tje related articles that have been made on the subject. Thanks, and have a good time in the forums.
    As to the orig problem, i dont think you should have hacked it..
  9. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    not sure if it will help or not, but try going here..... they have a store link at the bottom of the page

in fact, i think you will need this. 50 bucks though