home button not responsive

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mangels09, Apr 23, 2010.

1. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, so my home button on my 32gig 3rd gen isnt working as well as it should. Every once in a while, it will not respond when i push it, or it will double click when i only wanted one click. Ive already restored and it didnt help. Additionally, the problem seems to be getting worse.

here are my questions
    1). I bought it from best buy, should i take it to an apple store to get it fixed/replaced?
    2). Will i get a new ipod, or will it be fixed?
    3). If i get it replaced, will it be a refurb or brand new? (My ipod is in perfect condition with no scratches and i dont want some refurb that is all scratched up)
    4). Is there any chance that replacement will come with 3.1.2 on it? Also if it comes with 3.1.3, will I be able to jailbreak it with the new jbs that should be coming out soon?

Thanks in advance
  2. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Check out my posts here
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285982

and if you take it to apple you will get an iPod that looks absolutely brand new. If it is or not I'm not positive, but I wouldn't be ale to tell the difference.

Odds are it has 3.1.3 so no jailbreak, but you could get lucky

thats from my personal experience
  3. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks alot for the answers and thanks for the link. I think I will wait to see if it gets worse and if a jailbreak comes out or not.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, another question. Do I have to take it to an official apple store, or can I just take it to best buy? The closest apple store is like an hour away.