Home button modif.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by iqmaster, Jun 24, 2009.

1. iqmaster

iqmaster New Member

Hello, i have a question about home button modification. When i am listening to music (ipod is locked) and have it in the pocket, its really annoying to take it out again and again anytime i want to skip the track (2xclick and then click on "next-forward icon"). Is there any modification, which can make my home button to skip current song after 2xclick?
  2. thebrokenbox

thebrokenbox New Member

Well if you have 3.0 you can just shake to shuffle to the next song. As for changing what the home button does I have no idea.
  3. iqmaster

iqmaster New Member

i do have 3.0 and just tried "shake to skip" but it shuffles whole playlist again and again

Please Register or Log in to view images

it also works only in unlocked status for me.
  4. Jarrodis

Jarrodis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    buy the earphones with the mic and music control, I only bought it cause I also got annoyed with it.
    BTW its only for iphone 3G and Ipod touch 2G I think feel free to correct me
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There are headphones with controls that work for 2G (check headphones sub-forum).

Um you could use Pocket Touch (I haven't used it since it first came out a loooong time ago and it didn't work that well) or you could do what I do and just remember where the buttons are so that you don't have to take it out. There was a "Custom Home Button" package in Cydia for 2.2.1 (should work in 3.0 but not sure) but I think that only changed what application was launched, not what the function was, but I never used that either.
  6. iqmaster

iqmaster New Member

Thanks all for replies. I am using Kosses so i dont want to buy another one with that control thingy. I found some "tweak" called iHome but its not what i wanted. I guess i ll have to remember positions of those buttons and skip it manually even through my pocket

7. Dark Falk

Dark Falk Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    There is a SbSettings Toogle wich will tweak the Volume-Buttons. So when you click up it will skip to the next song. But of course you can't change Volume then

8. iqmaster

iqmaster New Member

@Dark: thanks for advice, i downloaded SBsettings and the volume tweak. ( it wont solve the problem since i use both functions equal; skip track/volume but i was curious) The thing is, that everytime i press volume button to skip the track, whole ipod crashes and SBsettings need to be restarted lol

I may try to write the author of this tweak if he is able to do some experiment also with that home button. Would be great if i get some response from him

I let u know

9. Dark Falk

Dark Falk Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Ya...you are right. Seems to have probs with 3.0
    I hope this great modification will work again soon =)
  10. lmm112190

lmm112190 New Member

i had that on 2.2.1 and i liked it but it confused me lol (it was a nice feature when driving tho) [the home tweak would be very useful]