Home Button Issues?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iMicky, Jul 22, 2010.

1. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, I just decided to post this thread as a query whether other iPod touch 3G users have the same problem as me.
    My home button is very unresponsive, and it's not the first I've heard of this. One of my friends had to get his replaced due to the same issue.
    Sometimes pressing it doesn't register at all, and sometimes, a single press can register as a double or even triple, or even the opposite - a double press to change the song will sometimes end the application.

It's most noticeable when I try to wake the iPod up using the home button, I have to press it at least 5 times for it to actually respond.

If anyone shares this issue, has the 4.0 firmware fixed this problem in any way? I heard that it could have been an issue with the 3.1.3 firmware, but I'm holding off updating until a new jailbreak is released.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually i was playing around with this kids ipt 32GB running on 3.1.3, i decided i would JB it with spirit and everything before i even turned it on. So the person was telling me the home button is messed up (After i jailbroke it and everything) So then i plugged it in to the computer and tried to restore it but it wouldn't work ): So i upgraded his firmware to 4.0 then it was working fine

Is the unregestering home button that big of an issue to you?
  3. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's great news, my iPod is exactly the same as the one you described so it's good to hear it can be fixed.

It does bother me sometimes, especially when I'm trying to change a song and it quits the app and I lose my progress.
    I suppose I'll just wait for the 4.0 jailbreak before I decide to upgrade.
  4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It makes a very loud clicky noise now compared to when I first had it, but ahh well.
  5. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Mine's the opposite, it used to make a very loud noise but now it just sounds like my old 1st Gen.

OT: I like your username. lol

6. Armsden

Armsden Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    my home button is a little unresponsive at times, would love it to fix its self
  7. iP0dT0uch1

iP0dT0uch1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My home button does the same thing, but only when my iPod is in sleep mode