Home Button irresponsive

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fanny Ch, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Fanny Ch

Fanny Ch New Member

Hi,

this is my first entry here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm very

I have an iPod Touch 1 gen, not jail-broken hardly used but now out of warranty. I never used it in wet conditions either.
    The screen goes dark after a few seconds, and I cannot use the Home Button to wake it up, or go back to the home screen. When I connect it to the Mac, it wakes up and I can transfer music and movies to it no problem. After resetting it works, and I can select anything, but I cannot go BACK!
    I updated to 3.0 App after doing all the reset, restores, but still the same.

I read about a virtual Home Button but could not figure out where to get it, and how to install it. Is it working for anyone?
    I'm a huge Apple Fan, but never bought Apple Hardware that packed in so quickly. The iPod looks like new and it would be a shame if I had to throw it out so soon. I would definitely not upgrade to another one (even though buying an iPhone was the plan), that home button seems to break in many iPods just after the warranty is over, and considering all the double-clicks and extra functions, I wonder will it break even quicker with a new iPod/iPhone.
    For me it was quite an investment getting this one, and I am so disappointed

! Anyone who can help me?

Thanks,

Fanny
  2. idspence161

idspence161 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i think the virtual home thing will have to be used with a jailbroken ipod... try bringint it to a electrnic service shop, oor just try calling apple, they may be able to help without you haveing to get it serviced..
  3. Fanny Ch

Fanny Ch New Member

It is not jailbroken yet, does that mean I have to get it jailbroke to have a chance to get it repaired? Anyone who was lucky to get help for this issue after warranty over from Apple? If so, I reckon I would find some answers online...