Home button catastrophy.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joshglzbrk, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Joshglzbrk

Joshglzbrk New Member

Well I bought my iPod touch 8gb (2g) November 19th and I upgraded to 2.2 when it came out but a week ago my iPods home button has been working very poorly if at all. Sometimes it would pop up the music control with a light press but to get it to exit out of anything to make it come out of sleep mode I would have to press it like 5 times and really hard. I mean you could sit there and keep pressing it so it clicks and it wouldn't do anything. I tried a full reset I restored it and everything. I bought it from bestbuy and I called and asked if I could exhange it and they said I just need to bring my receipt and everything that came with it. Their normal return policy is 30 days but they have their holliday deal so i have until the end of january. But an hour later I pressed it In really hard and now it's working just fine. Should I still get a new one? This has a few hairline scratches on tried back btw.
  2. Armageda

Armageda New Member

I think you should get a new one, just to make sure such problems dont occur in the future.
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    agree with you :d
  4. Ady b

Ady b New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Get a new one, you'll always be waiting for it to stop working again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. U_Fig

U_Fig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had the same problem with my ipod touch 1G also on 2.2, the home button wouldn't work only for music controls. it might not be the hardware, it may be the software. i just restored mine and it seems to be working fine, for now at least
  6. amarellapudi

amarellapudi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem. I took mine to the Apple store and they gave me a new one.
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

It obviously isn't a firmware problem. The home button is broke and you should go see if you can replace it. If you bought it from a retail store, you will have a better chance of getting it replaced. With apple.com, they won't even read your e-mail.