Home button broken & Can't charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mopyohn, May 28, 2009.

1. mopyohn

mopyohn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've had my 1st gen iPod jailbroken for a good while now, at least 6 months, and haven't had a problem until today. In the past week or so I'd noticed that alot of times when clicking the home button, the music pop-up came up, even though I hit the home button only once.

However, today when I turned on my ipod I realized that my home button isn't responding to single clicks at all. I hit it once, but it always opens up the double-click music pop-up window. I can't get back to my home screen. Decided to plug it into my wall charger to see if it would maybe fix it, but the iPod didn't recognize the charger apparently. So now my home button won't return me to the home screen and my iPod won't charge!

I really have no idea what to do. I have never gotten the ipod wet/dropped it or anything like that. I bought it refurbished a while ago, haven't had any problems until now.
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It seems as though your home button is getting stuck every when you click it in. I'm not completely sure but don't Apple supply a warranty on refurbished goods? Anyway phone Apple up and they should be able to get you a replacement.
  3. mopyohn

mopyohn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The button itself doesn't stick, it must be something on the inside?

Anyway, I should still have a warantee. However, how can I send it to them jailbroken? I don't think I can restore because the ipod doesn't recognize the charger, IDK if it will be able to sync with a computer to restore

Edit: OK just realized I have even more problems, the iPod now won't turn off. My lock button works to lock/unlock my iPod, but when I hold it, the power off slider never comes up. Holding down the lock button and home button at the same time is also not doing anything
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone know what I can do here?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok another update. Last night the iPod stopped displaying the lock screen and turned to an all white screen. When this happened, it was at about 10-20% battery life. It's been on all night, so it should have run out of battery but it hasn't. Strange.