Hold Button & volume

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fenix 3.0, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Fenix 3.0

Fenix 3.0 New Member

okay, so i've heard that with the hold button 'on,' the volume controls will still work. if true, is there a way to disable this?

also, will the hold button disable the functioning of the 'remote control' on apple's new headphones?
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there is no "hold" button... there is a home button.... and a lock button.... the lock is what i think you are thinking of... lol...
  3. m0ndo

m0ndo New Member

yes hes right
    its the lock(sleep) button, but still
    i think it wont disable the new apple headphones integrated features
    that would be inane

as far as im concerned, i wouldnt recommend u to buy the apple in ear headphones
    there are a lot of comments about their soundquality and stuff
    i think everyone can do without those features. it may be helpful to play the next title without getting your itouch out of your pants, but i think the money isnt worth it espacially because of the bad soundquality

hope i could help you
    cya

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Fenix 3.0

Fenix 3.0 New Member

haha, sorry guys. i'm not an ipod owner and its always been called the hold button on every single other electronic device i've ever used.

but back to the first question. will the sleep button stop the volume rocker switch from working?

EDIT: well, i wasn't looking at the in-ear ones, i was looking at the $30 pair(basically the ones that come with the ipod, but with a remote control and mic). i'm not an audiophile so as long as the $30 pair isn't worse than standard ones, i'll be fine.
  5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    no it wont because thats why it was made
    so you didnt have to take it out of your pocket and slide to unlock then adjust the volume
  6. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    NO its still works..... and if you are concerned of accidental pressing... dont worry is quite a hard button to press accidentaly..... dont kno about the other question