iOS 4.0 hmmmm blackberry? [this is what you push us to apple]

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jamespheely, Jul 22, 2010.

1. jamespheely

jamespheely Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    im not sure about anyone else but since my 3gs has just become an expensive paperweight as i cant jb so no unlock i have found myself tempted to joing the darkside... And getting a blackberry. am i the only one who has considered ditching the iphone if i cant jailbreak? How many of you guys only bought your iphone because you could jailbreak?
  2. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not me. Plus, when I JB I only install

- SBSettings
    - biteSMS
    - 5 icon dock

If I get an iPhone 4 I think I'll be happy even without a JB and wouldn't mind waiting for 1. JBing is definitely not a deal breaker.
  3. y2kss66

y2kss66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why blackberry? I would pick any Android device over a blackberry. Blackberry's are only good if you absolutely need it for business purposes. They are just so bad compared to an iPhone or Android device.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You could still use your iPhone as an iPod for the time being until comex releases.

Also, I would get an Android WAY before a Blackberry. Blackberries are terrible compared to android.
  5. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea, I have a blackberry and I can't wait until the contract ends so I can get an android device (such as droid x). Berries suck, I'm sorry. Top 2 - iPhone OS and Android OS. Bottom 2 - Windows Mobile and Blackberry OS.
  6. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

If you have had a 3GS, I'd like to point out that an Unlock came out at the same time as iOS4 for 3.1.3, so theres no reason for your ipod to be a brick. Downgrade to 3.1.3, jailbreak with spirit, use ultrasn0w, and stop complaining. You brought this upon yourself if you refuse to downgrade from a brick.
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have T-Mobile US. So, no jailbreak = no unlock = no iphone for me. But a blackberry though? Hell no. Get an android phone.

I have been using the iphone again for the last few months and I'm starting to remember why I switched to android in the first place. Jumping through hoops to use a phone the way I want to is getting old again. I'm switching back to android tonight or tomorrow.
  8. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've jailbroken my Apple devices and I know the advantages of jailbreaking, but not being able to jailbreak would NEVER make me leave Apple. Still, if you want to leave the iPhone scene, I'd get a HTC Aria (If you're staying with AT&T).
  9. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

jailbreaking makes the iphone better.
    I bought an iPhone for the iPhone not the jailbreak.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd get a webOS device over everything else.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I woukdnt switch to blackberry though. My uncle has used blackberries since I've known him and I hate them. I would either stay on iOS, switch to Android, or wait for Windows Phone 7.