hmmm jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by traxxy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. traxxy

traxxy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just bought my Ipod yesterday and I couldn't set my background (except when i unlock it) so i searched here, and came to know that it is unpossible (quite stupid if u ask me)
    so, I'd really like this, but, what are the risks when i do this 'jailbreaking?' does it f*** up my ipod touch? can i restore it back to normal, what happends to my warranty when i do it?
    can someone give me some general info ?
    thanks alot bro's!
  2. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is pretty much no risk in jailbreaking. If something gets messed up, or you want it back to normal, simply restore. The jailbreaking process is not complicated, and it brings out the best of you ipod.

I say go for it; you've got nothing to lose.
  4. traxxy

traxxy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for your response, but i've heard things about people that hacked their ipod and the restore didn't work anymore, so.. is this true? is there such a chance? or if you do it with this sites tutorials nothing can go wrong?
  5. allyhax

allyhax Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is no way it cannot work. If it mucks up or whatnot, hold the top button and the bottom button until it resets, then releast the top but keep holding the bottom. It will do a force restore, and there is no way out of one... atleast I think its those buttons, I don't have an ipod yet though.
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

QFT : minimal risk - a force restore will allow you to default to factory settings....

As for your warrantee - a jaibroken Ipod is in breach of warantee, but the benefits seriously outweigh the risk...
  7. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

No risks... You can completely brick it but if you do take it to the apple store and get a new one...

If you do f*** it up you can restore it completely... If you jailbreak it your warrently is gone but you can just restore it then take it back to whereevr and get it fixed...

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22425
  8. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you jailbreak your iPhone/iPod Touch, you're not going to have any problems.

If something goes wrong you can simply go into your iTunes and click on 'Restore' and it'll be back to Factory Defaults. Your warranty is supposively 'void' for jailbreaking your iPod but if you restore it to defaults they'll never know and your warranty should still be in effect.
  9. traxxy

traxxy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can u give me any of these benefits?
    i've read much about apps and stuff (and atm for me the main reason is to have a background) but what other good benefits are there?
    oh btw, i also synced .gif in the hope that it could play them but my ipod can't, is there any way that you can with a jailbreak?
  10. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Well, if you have read much about apps then you should know, but as for my view:

the iphone apps :

Mail
    Google Maps
    Weather
    Stocks

Games

Labyrinth
    iphysics
    gpSPhone

many other apps like system stuff:

sys tools
    Summerboard (for your backgrounds)

Honestly, the list goes on - Free your Ipod Touch - she doesn't deserve to be imprisoned by Apple

Please Register or Log in to view images