Hmm... well, that sucks.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jujubeanie21, Jun 30, 2008.

1. jujubeanie21

jujubeanie21 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So my touch no longer plays music. Yep. It's main purpose has failed. While I can pick a song to play, etc., nothing comes out of the headphones (though the piezo works). Additionally, under settings, the wifi option is permanently grayed out with the text "No WiFi".

Well, that's the situation; now onto my main question. I COULD call Apple and have them replace it in the next few days since I'm still under warranty and this was in no way my fault, just happened overnight. However, with v2.0 coming out in two weeks or so, do you think I should wait those two weeks and RMA it then? Would they give me 2.0 and the January update for free? (I'm really assuming there was a short on the board and I'll get a refurb)

Just wondering, looking of speculation I guess (or experience if anyone returned theirs and got the January update without previously having it).

Thanks
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

did you do a restore first? that might fix it.
  3. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

I would also suspect a hardware problem. Restore just to make sure. Not sure if apple will give you a 2.0/jan upgrade one. But then all of them have it?
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

yea try a restore
    that's the problem with mine last time
    but i restored and all better now
  5. diegohuyke

diegohuyke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try a restore, if not wait until jully 11 to send it in. I bought my ipod without the januaary software update, and when the home button broke I sent it. I received a brand new one with january software update. The thing is that apple will try and fix it first if not, THEN they send you a new one
  6. jujubeanie21

jujubeanie21 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, first thing I did was restore it, no such luck. I might try it once more just to be sure but it really looks like a hardware problem. To be honest I babied this thing since I got it (launch day, when people were reporting it was coming to Apple stores), then after I got it replaced for the negative black issue. I have an invisible shield on it (which I'll get replaced too I guess) and I really see no reason for this happening other than a hardware flaw.

So I think I'll wait for the 11th (perhaps a day or two after so that all the refurbs have them by the time I send mine in) , hopefully I'll get both. In all honesty, it's not fair for Apple to charge us if they're not charging iPhone users, I realize they get dividens from the plans from AT&T but I still... greed at it's finest. Too bad, I won't have an iPod to run with for the next few weeks, I'll feel lonely and empty handed... I might have to just hold it so it feels like old times =]

Thanks guys