Hmm, does the AppStore charge tax?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by wangie444, Jun 22, 2009.

1. wangie444

wangie444 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In New York at least? I had more than 3 dollars in my account, like 3.5X, and then I redeemed a $10 giftcard and had $13.5X. I bought BeejiveIM which is on sale for $9.99, and ended up with $2.18. If you calculate it, I should have at least $3... lol Where'd the money for the extra go?
  2. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Unfortunately it does. Apple before charged tax on itunes gift cards when bought at the store but not online so you saved money by using a credit card. now apple charges tax, which kinda sucks because i have $0.78 when i could have had like a dollar.
  3. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Apple does not charge tax, it depends on the state you live it and what laws they have.
  4. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i meant at the store where you buy the cards. (the physical store) or maybe it's just my state as you said.
  5. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Most don't charge tax on giftcards as it would be spent later on the actual purpose, being tax'd twice would be kinda weak. I don't know bout apple tho.
  6. Loose

Loose New Member

It varies from state to state. In CA, they don't charge you tax when buying a gift card and when purchasing from the iTunes store