Hit or miss preferences problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dz_, Apr 2, 2008.

1. dz_

dz_ New Member

[1.1.4 jailbroken using iLiberty 1.2.1.78]

I ran into a problem where only specific programs won't save preferences.
    At first I figured this was a permissions thing and 755'd the Applications and preferences folder (recursed into all files and subdirectories), but that didn't change a thing. (so perhaps the problem lies within a different folder)

Here's some examples; I change my city for the Weather.app and when I quit and return to it, it is still Cupertino. Or I try to log in to my last.fm account for MobileScrobbler in the settings panel; it authenticates and when I quit that it doesn't save.
    Interestingly enough using the Clock.app I can set an alarm just fine and quit but it won't save the preference for alarm type or my preferred cities for world time.
    Other things work fine, such as Mail and Notes. I can save bookmarks in Safari but can't save passwords.

If this has been covered before then direct me to the appropriate thread, but I couldn't find anything on searches.
  2. gsgreg

gsgreg New Member

I have the same problem with the Weather app using 1.1.4 jailbroken using iLiberty+
  3. m4verick

m4verick New Member

I have Ipod Touch 16G 1.1.4 jailbroken Win iLiberty+ and so far works fine.
    But Weather won't save any new cities and Settings --> Mail won't save option below Messages

Any suggestion?
  4. Weico

Weico New Member

Same here, can save Contacts, Notes all Stadart Apps Working

But if i Save or Change any settings from Ohter Apps like VNsea, SummerBoard, Apollo ...
    it dont work.

I have Moved Apps with BossTools is there the Problem?
  5. Spiky

Spiky New Member

There is a fix for the Safari problem. It probably has its own source (memory fuzzy) so do a search for "cookie fix" or some such in this forum. I don't know about the others, I don't use them at all. I've never liked weather.app, found an online widget that is far superior and far more accurate. Iwund.
  6. deltaepsylon

deltaepsylon New Member

For the problem with summerboard, if you do a chmod ug+s then it should save prefs. Perhaps try that on the other apps...?