Preview [High WIP] Precision Guided Armarments

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by zerodash, May 12, 2009.

1. zerodash

zerodash New Member

Well I have my name (which im VERY proud of), and now I need to know what the people (you) want.

What kind of theme/Icons etc do you want, i envision this to be a mostly Black/Grey/Silver theme except for the icons.

So what do you want to see???

Edit: I will start working on the lockscreen first. NEVERMIND THE LOCK SCREEN, couldnt make the images i had in my head a reality so im rethinking it MOVING ON

Edit: got side tracked, finished status bar for springboard, probably wont make the next one for a while. i dont know yet

Edit: Starting Dock
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Shouldn't this technically be not in this section? More like a request since the only thing we're "viewing" is your text...
    Well going off the name, something very mechanical. No curves, everything meets at a point. Very metally. I wanna see gears, bolts, screws, metal bars interlocking. That's mostly for the wallpaper, ya know those really fancy (usually animated) doors with like 50 interlocking rods with gears spinning and steam and whatnot? Anyways yeah, definitely keep it in the realm of mechanics. You could even just try embedding things in metal. Maybe try incorporating some designs that are signature to weaponry in there (aka add some curves for special stuff) but keep it mostly to a chrome to iron color scheme. Unless you wanted to do some heated metal (red) accents.
  3. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    YEa, you should make something and then maybe ask what we would want added.
  4. zerodash

zerodash New Member

Well i believe that it should be in this section since as soon as i finish my first piece (lock screen) i will post the PREVIEW here lol

But mechanical is nice, i have an image in my head for the slider and everything
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well hell as soon as you finish the preview it'll be in the release section, so why not post it there? It's all good. Ain't tryin to start a fight, just sayin.

Well you got an image of the slider and I got one of the wallpaper and I hope they'll line up! I could go into like extreme detail but I don't think anybody really wants that.
  6. zerodash

zerodash New Member

Yes Vince i get it, no fight lol.

And if you have a Wallpaper in your head, PM me a mock up of what your thinking but not straight to this thread.

Edit: Turns out i'm terrible using gimp as of yet, so this will either be a learning experience (hopefully good) or ill need to get Photo Shop, but i AM still working using gimp atm
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm really terrible with GIMP too. Unfortunately Photoshop refuses to cooperate and I can't even use it >: (

Thing about things in my head is that when I try and get them out they lose all details...It's like scaling an image from 10000000x10000000 to 100x100, then blurring it, then reducing the canvas to 50x50. Yep that's about what it's like. Why I'll never be an artist. I kick ass at silhouettes though! That won't help here cuz it's a flat image. Sorry I'm just gonna wait and see what you come up with. Probly better than mine anyways.
  8. zerodash

zerodash New Member

Its definitely going to take up some of my summer time :/ .........
    This wil be the biggest project i have ever worked on and ill end up having a ton of help i just know it *sigh* hopefully it will be high quality though but i am currently caught up in a lot of school and family related issues so i have about an hour a day to check up here and to make a couple edits to my slider (or what ever is on my to do list)

If you (any of you) feel like you could contribute in some way, PM me. Just dont expect a speedy release, it will probably a July release... (i'll be in california for about 1-2 weeks after school ends during June)

Edit: OH I will be releasing Betas as i work, i just dont know if it will be to a select few or the public in general... depends on how many people end up with me
  9. Packersfan27

Packersfan27 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I like the idea of icons kind of embedded in the wallpaper as someone said above.
  10. fast1

fast1 Banned