Hiding the Statusbar

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ZMOBtiger, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does anyone know how to hide the statusbar in 2.1? Make it where none of the notifications/time shows up and the actual bar is invisible? Mainly for the springboard, but if you also just know how to do it inside of an app I'd like to know that too. Skyler's StatusStyle could do it on 1.1.3/4. I think it is just two lines inserted into the info.plist of an app (to make it disappear completely inside an app), but don't know what to add. I have no clue for the springboard though.
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

To get rid of the status bar , just make a 320 x 19 blank image and name it StatusBar and apply it through WinterBoard.
  3. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want to get rid of EVERYTHING in the statusbar. The wifi images, the carrier image, the time, the battery level, if music is playing, etc. I don't simply want to make blank images...I want to hide it using coding (insert a few lines in a plist or something). I know how to change a statusbar image.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    then you would have to make ALL of those things invisible i guess

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes and no...inside of an app, you can make it completely disappear where the background will show where the statusbar should be. In the Weather app though, if you make the statusbar a blank image then the space that the statusbar occupies will show your springboard wallpaper and not your weather background. But some apps hide the statusbar to make it where this doesn't happen and I want to know how.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    <key>UIStatusBarHidden</key>
    <true/>

With some hunting I found that by adding this to the info.plist of an app should make the statusbar disappear while the app is running.