Hiding Apps on 2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dragonzigg, Sep 17, 2008.

1. dragonzigg

dragonzigg New Member

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody else had experienced this. I like my themes to be clear so I generally hide everything but the dock icons and use a launcher like categories or appflow. Problem is, Springboard locks up as soon as you try to on 2.1 firmware. You can get down to a single icon on the 'main' part of the screen but as soon as they all go it's a total freeze and a restore. I've tried it with Poof and with Categories. Anybody got any idea why this is, and is there any sort of workaround or alternative?
  2. cky93

cky93 New Member

this is just a thought....but u could try sshing into your ipod and deleting the icons of those apps u dnt want to have on your springborad....however, they should still show up in app flow nd over launchers....i hav no idea whether that will work

worth a try
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just use a blank app. There was one made for 2.0 not sure where to find it now.

You have to have at least 1 icon on your springboard or this is what happens.
  4. dragonzigg

dragonzigg New Member

Yeah that did it, thanks jimbeam
  5. bulungula

bulungula New Member

Use BossPrefs. There is a button called "Hide Icons" and it works on 2.1
  6. raulb

raulb New Member

I would suggest Bossprefs which has poof built in to hide the icons, and use a 'invisible' launcher like Quickgold, which is like quicksilver/spotlight to launch your apps.

Infact Quickgold is a killer app, and should ideally have been implemented by Apple. Sometimes its too much work to go through too many screens to get to an app to launch it. Quickgold's implementation is awesome and it adds a whole lot of functionality with more to come. Good for the folks who like minimalism.
  7. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    quickgold rulz.

i made lyke 12 blank apps if ya want em.
  8. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    agreed, i love quickgold
    specially since my appflow decided to retire