Hiding app, iTunes constantly warns "You have changed the settings for the iPod"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FlashBoredom, Sep 7, 2010.

1. FlashBoredom

FlashBoredom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I'm running an iPod Touch 2G with 4.0 jailbroken firmware, pc is running Windows 7 x64. Have a strange notification issue with iTunes.

As soon as I use the categories app to put an app into a folder therefore hiding it from the springboard, itunes seems to get confused. Whenever I click on the APP tab in iTunes and then try to click away from it, iTunes gives me a popup message saying "you have changed the settings for the ipod..." with options to apply or not apply. If I apply it runs a sync session. But this happens without actually making any changes to the synced apps. All I do is click on the APPS tab and then click right off it, and I still get the popup that I've made changes.

As soon as I unhide the app from the springboard using poof, or I disable the libhide substrate, or just remove the app from the folder using Categories, then iTunes doesn't complain.

It seems that when the app is hidden from springboard, iTunes doesn't quite recognize that the app is still synced therefore it constantly wants to try and sync it over and over. Not sure if it has to do with the graphical display on the right hand side of the iTunes program or not but it'll still display the icon of the app I've hidden.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I've upgraded to iTunes 10 but issue still persists. I've upgraded to firmware 4.0.2 just to see if it changed the behavior but no luck so I restored back to 4.0. I've done a clean restore as well. No matter what iTunes repeatedly wants me to apply non-existent changes if I have hidden at least 1 app.

Any ideas? Is there some adjustment that can be made to libhide or anything else that will allow iTunes to see the hidden app as installed?
  2. Danielcg

Danielcg Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmmm, thats wierd...
  3. FlashBoredom

FlashBoredom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bump -- seriously no one else is having this issue with itunes not recognizing apps hidden from the springboard???