Hide Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mrw726, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Mrw726

Mrw726 New Member

Hey guys, was wondering if there was anyway to hide apps from your Ipod Touch main screen? I like the idea of only using my first screen and i have downloaded Launcher which has some of the apps in it, but it doesn't take them off the screen.

For example I want my most used apps on my screen, and my extras like NES and Minesweeper through Launcher. I have searched and that yielded nothing.

One other thing can you use Summerboard and Customize? I'm under the impression that they are in conflict of each other. (Using Summerboard atm).

Thanks in advance.
  2. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure you can do this using the N45AP.plist file, either through the Customize.app rsbt function, moving icons into hidden, or manually editing the file. You'd have to move the identifiers from the normal position in the file to under the "Special" heading, and I'm pretty sure that hides them.. Do a search for how to edit the file on this forum and you should find something, if not I can give you step by step instructions. Your best bet would probably be to use customize (you have to fix it so it works, just search for how) and just drag the icons of the apps you want hidden down, it's pretty easy really. Good Luck!
  3. Mrw726

Mrw726 New Member

Thanks for the info, but just so i understand I can use Summerboard and Customize at the same time? Or would i need to uninstall Summerboard inorder to make Customize work properly?
  4. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, you can install both at the same time, they don't interfere. Just get customize from installer, mod it, and you're set.
  5. Mrw726

Mrw726 New Member

Ok I did it, works pretty well, some of the stuff i have no idea what does though but i don't care ^_^ Btw is there a way to always have your battery as the background when unlocking?