Hide and Seek...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JackWH, Sep 14, 2009.

1. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm totally screwed.

I saved up for MONTHS with only paper round money to fund the purchase of my iPod Touch 2G 32GB. And now, I've been an idiot and mislaid it somewhere in a theatre.

Basically I'm in a play at the moment in the Norwich Maddermarket Theatre called 'The Accrington Pals' (just in case there's any Norwich users who want to see it?

).

Before the first of 2 dress rehearsals started last night, I gave it to the Stage Manager to put in her handbag to look after until after the show, along with my mobile phone.

Afterwards, last night at 11, it was time to go home, the phone is now in my pocket but the iPod is nowhere to be seen.

We've frantically searched all over the green room, dressing rooms, auditorium, basically everywhere, but can't find it.

Now I'm 99% confident that it hasn't been stolen. Their were about 15 people in the theatre last night, all of whom I completely trust.

Is there any way of remotely tracking down an iPod Touch?

I have Bluetooth switched off so it's not like we can detect it like that.

Is there any other way to remotely 'alert' the device, i.e. make it ring or buzz or whatever.

I don't use MobileMe either. Hmmm.

There's a wireless network in the theatre but it's encrypted and my iPod doesn't have the passcode...

Heeelllp!

2. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Unless you had a tracking app installed, no...and even then, the apps I am familiar with (tracking) would require someone to be using the ipod..so if it's just laying somewhere (got dropped etc) then no.

If you gave it to the stage manager, she either lost it or she kept it. She, my friend, owes you an ipod... that being said, you should be more careful with your toys..... as in, unless you have a secure place to keep it you shouldn't take it.
  3. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    *sigh* my life is over.

She is a very good friend of mine who I trust. She wouldn't have kept it, she already has an iPhone 3G herself anyway, so I suppose, yknow...

I am going in half an hour early to search the entire theatre. Hey, you never know.

:'(
  4. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did you have insurance
  5. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    BOOYAH.

I totally found it.

Behind the Green room fridge...

6. stxyzthipod

stxyzthipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank God lol
  7. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Behind the fridge? How did it get there?? Good looking tho...I probably wouldn't have thought to look behind there.