Hidden Apps in 3.0 how to unhide? - Categories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vbjr, Jul 9, 2009.

1. vbjr

vbjr New Member

Yikes you guys wont believe it but I did a big mistake hehe which I have not been able to resolve.

Before updating to firmware 3.0 I had categories installed and used it make folders and move some apps and games to some folders.

Did a backup of the device through itunes and then restored to 3.0 then jailbroke it.

Did a restore of the backup i previously did and it did restore my contacts and so on, but the apps and games I had are all hidden, tried installing categories from cydia but categories is not shown on the dashboard

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any ideas how to make it visible? Not sure where it could be located either though, I was able to find some of the games I purchased through appstore in here (which are currently hidden):
    /private/var/mobile/Applications/
    The sub folders look like: FAB9A3E0-89E5-4911-8E95-1DCBC9501472

Hope someone is able to help, much appreciated in advanced.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Sorry but you have to restore and DO NOT backup or restore from backup. When updating a jailbroken device and re jialbreaking messes it up. You always want to do a clean restore when updating major firmwares, 2.0, 3.0, etc.
  3. vbjr

vbjr New Member

OK I guess i have to do it all from scratch

4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or you can simply use the "hide icon" feature in SBSettings to reveal them.

What mikec1985 said is untrue. I always restore from previous backups to new firmwares with no problems. Aside with all the hidden icons problems which can be easily resolved by using SbSettings.
  5. vbjr

vbjr New Member

Thanks FeelFlames will try this out and report back

6. vbjr

vbjr New Member

Unfortunately it didnt work, so gonna restore and then sync contacts from outlook, so have to do everything from scratch and download all of the games i had purchased previously