Hid everything....please help.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mpwrestle89, Oct 8, 2008.

1. mpwrestle89

mpwrestle89 New Member

I have a jailbroken ipod on 1.1.2. The other day i was messing around with Hidepod, and i hid it all behind the calculator. Then i added another application, so i went into customize and hid it too. but when i went back to the springboard, everything was unhidden. So i went back into hidepod and re hid everything like before. This time when i went back to the springboard, there were 5 icons in the dock and everything else was hidden. When i went to fix this, i discovered that i had hidden the wrong calculator.
    So now im stuck with a screwed up springboard and i can't get to customize to fix it. Does anyone have a solution?
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe this is a sign to upgrade to something a little more recent?
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go into settings, if you have it, and tap on restore all settings.

Wait, Do you even have Settings...?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Why do you have 1.1.2
  4. mpwrestle89

mpwrestle89 New Member

I have 1.1.2 because i never felt like upgrading and im content with what i have.

I have settings, and when i tapped it, i couldnt find any "restore". i did find "reset all settings" and i did that. All that did was get rid of my wallpaper and passcode. but everything else is still the same.
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh well, I'm on 2.1, and its been an EPIC amount of time since 1.1.2, so sorry.
  6. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

okay... first, upgrde firmware to newer lol
    and now the solution... jailbreak your device again. don't restore through iTunes just jailbreak... that will make installer show on home screen... then just install an application launcher and then ur all set. tested on 1.1.4... no garuntees about anything on 1.1.2
  7. mpwrestle89

mpwrestle89 New Member

yeah but i've put so much effort into the firmware im on i really dont want to upgrade and have to start over.
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Install Poof or BossPrefs, then unhide the icons. If you don't have Installer access, google 'ssh hide icons' and there should be instructions for editing the plist files so that the icons are revealed again. To be honest, you should've backed up your iPod before doing anything so... well, stupid.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. mpwrestle89

mpwrestle89 New Member

it wasnt stupid i do it all the time, something weird happened this time and i just didnt pay attention. well im just going to go to 2.0 or 2.1 or whatever. thanks for the help anyway.
  10. viciouskilla

viciouskilla New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i guess things happen...that's why i always have app flow or install dock so when things happen like this one, i able to still go into all my applications.