Hi there good people :) I Need Help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krazykiran, Dec 1, 2009.

1. krazykiran

krazykiran New Member

Hi there guys and girls i have a problem,

well the problem with my 2g,

night before last i was on my ipod then the 20% warning came up so i just put it on standby then left it for a few mins then wanted to check something on the internet so try to turn on with the power button, so i pressed the power button and then loads of funny colours just showed up on the screen,and it would not respong to go to standby or anything, so i reset it using home and power buttons pressed, then i tried to turn it back on after and nothing, so thought it was time to connect to the comp and try DFU but oddly that did not work , when i connect the ipod to my computer nothing appears no beeps, and even when trying to get into DFU mode no beeps, and i know how to get into DFU mode done it plenty of times before but nothing just a black screen , any help would be appreciated,
    normally i am the one helping my buds at college with there ipods, getting them into DFU and sorting other probs but im stumped with mine, if nothing helps i might have to just take it to apple shop and tell them it overheated or something,
    BTW my ipod is jailbroken

thanks Kiran
  2. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im pretty sure theres no beeps when u do dfu, and its supposed to be a black screen
  3. krazykiran

krazykiran New Member

i mean through the comp wen it make the conect, disconect sound
  4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

You've probably got a bricked iPod :X which is VERY rare. (it happened to me on my 1g, but apple replaced it on the spot)

Just go ahead and take it to Apple, they should replace it if it's still under manufacture's warranty (1 year)
  5. [New]Ipod[User]

[New]Ipod[User] New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try this, Connect it to the computer, Hold home and power button, when the power goes off let go of the power button but don't let go of the home button, it should reboot and then restore it w/itunes.
  6. souljaboitellem

souljaboitellem New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    interesting.

ha i didnt kno that apple replaces Bricked :x ipods I thought that wwas voided under warenty... all well i dont plan on getting mine briked any time soon. ha.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

You just say," APPLE HALP MY IPAWD DUZNT TOORN ON!!" and they replace it on the spot

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. krazykiran

krazykiran New Member

guess what i went to apple shop today and got a brand new ipod touch, but how can i tell if its 2g or 3g its a 16gb
  9. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its a 2g. They didn't make a 16GB 3G
  10. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iPod touch (Late 2009)

iPod touch (Late 2009) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (Late 2009) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. All iPod touch models introduced in Late 2009 have two or three lines of text below the capacity engraving. The prior iPod touch (2nd generation) had four lines of text or more.