hi so what can i do about programming

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by neodaman, Feb 24, 2010.

1. neodaman

neodaman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi guys i really want to learn some programming and dont know where to start
    dont have much experience but want to learn everything(not in one go thats kinda impossible but starting from the basics)

i am really interested in game designing,computer programming/other devices,and animation

i believe these can be created with codes and would like to know more info...

1. for each categories what codes can be used and what is there ranking from easiest to hardest (dont mix categories)
    2. where can i learn about all of them , is there a place or book that describes the easier ones quick and then focuses more on the mediums and hard ones
    3. am i even correct in this
    4. how can i get codes from devices so i can make compatibles games or hacks for them
    5. im really interested in this so please correct me in this and answer the questions in a bit more detail and number them plzz
    6. im still in school and want to learn this in my past time so something fun and simple to start with would be nice
    7. there probably isnt a perfect book out there for these so it would be nice to have a good selection
    8. could u plzz name the programs for each of the categories from simplest to hardcore
    9. in ur opinion where should i start, im pretty good in all my subjects and use my computer a lot and would be nice to know (if u have done this) what u began with and where u are now
    10. for all programs and types of codes listed could u name a basic idea of what someone can create from them

i no i can just learn this in school but i really hate working on stuff at school, i just think of it as a place to ask questions, i want to do this at home in my own pace

thnx a lot looking forward to starting this of
  2. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Ew, starting in VB is garbage. Start with Java or simple HTML, Python and work on up to some Assembly code.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Java is boring (if you meant JavaScript that's even worse) and HTML isn't even programming, its a markup language.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I would stay away from VB...but that's just my opinion.
  6. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's extremely easy to learn, but I will also say stay FAR away from C++ for now.
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Anything honestly is better than VB. It was a major letdown when I found out my schools "Programming" class was only VB.

Edit: @Neo Have at it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_programming_languages
  8. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah almost everything is better, but I am talking about giving him some place he can understand easily.
  9. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

im starting with C++, as long as you have a good guide its pretty straight forward. not as easy as others, but possible.
  10. neodaman

neodaman New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thnx guys appreciate the help
    but will these work for hacking and programming
    so what can i use for animation