hi im new here and have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UnknownIpod, Dec 25, 2009.

1. UnknownIpod

UnknownIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi im kinda new to the whole ipod stuff.. i used to be a psp guy but when it comes to ipod i am very unfamiliar when it comes to complicated terms... ok so first i have a jailbroken 2g ipod touch 8 gigs with firmware 2.2.1..(yes i jailbreaked it myself) =P.. so question is now i would want to get firmware 3.0 or whichever is possible.. i would like to know how i would upgrade it to that version but still have it jailbroken.. also how would i back up my apps(apple store ones) and the cydia apps? im more worried about the apple ones since those were downloaded via wifi.. one last question would be that the whole reason i wanna updata is so i can play games that require the 3.0 update like rock band and etc.. so is there a way i can play those without updating?..-- thanks..

oh oh,, also i have another question but idk if i can post so if someone can PM me ill ask theier
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you update, you lose your jailbreak. you backup your appstore apps in iTunes and your cydia apps with aptbackup. then jailbreak with blackra1n, install cydia, install aptbackup, and restore your jailbreak apps. and you don't lose appstore apps by updating to 3.1.2.
  3. UnknownIpod

UnknownIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so theres no way i can play 3.0 games on my 2.2.1? i would have to update then?
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes thats right