Hi! From a new iPod Touch user frm Malaysia

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Triplesaber, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Triplesaber

Triplesaber New Member

Hi, and wow and err..
    Hi to all. Wow, theres so many interesting discussions here and everything seems very very technical and.. err, im lost and i need a guidance as to what should i do next after i got my Touch and where should i head to?
    I was intrigued by the potential of what the Touch can really do and i really really appreciate it if somebody could show me at least the start to what lies ahead in the world of jailbreaking.
    Do i have to be a computer nerd or something to be able to handle it?
    Mine is iPod Touch 32G, 1.1.3

..and im so pissed off at the lack of full listing of country names in Contact! Cmon, its 2008 and people 'dont live in trees' anymore. I can find Indonesia, Singapore or Phillipines but theres no Malaysia?!

Thanks

Triple
  2. creezalird

creezalird Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hye...dr msia ke..
    I'm too..but currently still in germany ..studying..
    I can teach you some basic knowledge that u need to know.
    First of all..update ur ipod to version 1.1.4 using itunes
    Then google for a website name "ziphone"
    Download the software and run it . Your ipod must be connected of course..
    Choose jailbreak ipod touch..Wait for about 2-3min...
    Volla...u are now jailbroken..
    There will be a new app with the name Installer on ur ipod..
    Click it and update it if it asked u to update..Make sure u are connected to wifi anyway..
    Thats all for now..
    This is just the start...if u need more help...just pm me...i'll be glad to help ..
  3. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

hey and welcome to the site
  4. touching is good for you

touching is good for you New Member

Hi and welcome to the site, some things here are very hard to understand, very technical and difficult e.g. SSH but others, like jail breaking is easy. i hope you have a great time here and if you do need any help, just ask me.
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey there and welcome to the forums. Well, for the most partjailbreaking your iPod touch can be very easy once you find the right thread with a great guide. Sshing can bea little dificult, if you dontknow whatyour doing. But believe me, its not that hard because I picked it upon like an hour. Well I hope you enjoy the forums.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Triplesaber

Triplesaber New Member

Thanks for the replies,
    Im itching to jailbreak my iPod but its wiser to hold til next week as im having a 4 day trip 2moro and i dont want to end up with a dead ipod.
    So far, i have about 10g of videos, 5g of songs, 1g of photos and everything work flawlessly. And im amazed at how fast i could type on its qwerty keyboard, sometimes with 3 fingers.
    Ill be haunting u guys with questions starting next week.

btw, can the jailbreaking done with only the iPod connected to WiFi? Or do i still need to usb it to my laptop.
  7. Triplesaber

Triplesaber New Member

Just to inform you guys that ive succesfully jailbroke my iPod Touch 32G using the mthod creezalird mentioned above. The whole jailbreaking process took roughly 5 mins.
    Now im loving my iPod even more. Its like having a whole new iPod and it does more than what Apple wants it to do..
    I highly recommend this to new iPod users. U may have doubts but once u experience it, u will not turn back for sure..

thanks creezalird for the simple how-to..
  8. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yer and thats only the beggining! Soon you will learn great things, great things!!!