Hi from a new iPod Touch member (FM transmitter?)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bach939, Oct 5, 2007.

1. bach939

bach939 New Member

Just got my new Ipod Touch the other day and so far so good. However, I went back to the Apple Store today to get a FM Transmitter. They said they don't really have one yet for the Touch. He said to be careful if I try one that also charges because he did with his iPhone killed the phone. He also said because the Touch has WiFi, I may have trouble with a FM signal.

Now I'm a little afraid to try a FM Trans. that's out there. Does anyone have any experience with what works with the iPod Touch?

Thanks
  2. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

There is this one by Griffin that plugs into the line out (headphones) jack that is an FM transmitter: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripauto/
    Or
    There is also this one by Griffin that plugs into the bottom of the dock port:
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripdock/

Griffin say that both are compatible with the touch.
    As for the WiFi, turn it off in the settings menu?? You don't need WiFi in the car...
  3. tsukaza

tsukaza New Member

Griffin itrips black works great, also get the power-jolt for the power
  4. bach939

bach939 New Member

Thanks for the info!
  5. bach939

bach939 New Member

Thanks. Have you used the charge/sync cable to charge the iPT using the the included USB port on the iTrip Auto?
  6. gstubbs@azautomotive.ca

gstubbs@azautomotive.ca New Member

Griffin iTrip Experience

Yes, the mini USB charger port works great for charging. I have had my iPod Touch for almost two weeks and am very happy with it. I got the Griffin iTrip Dock at a store where they have overstock/refurbished/outdated items. It cost me $9.99. I would have paid full price for it. Even without any manual it was pretty much a breeze to set up.
  7. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

Ok, if I am not mistaken, I don't think that the iTrip Auto has a USB port on it for charging. I think that all it has is just a headphone jack to receive the music from the source and a car power adaptor just to power the transmitter. But I could be wrong. If you want to broadcast and charge at the same time, the iTrip Dock is your best bet.
  8. centplyr

centplyr Member

i have yet to try to see if my old iPods FM transmitter will work with the touch.... but when i do ill let you know what happened
  9. joshq00

joshq00 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i use my monster icarplay transmitter and it works even better with this than my ipod video for some reason [less static].

although i don't believe it continues to charge it when the car is off like the video used to.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. sungwoon1130

sungwoon1130 New Member

if you wish to get a high quality sounds..from your car..
    get a auxilary cable..fm transmitters has noises..also pretty expensive..brand ones
    if you have aux port on your vehicle