Hi all!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by DCasp, Oct 16, 2007.

1. DCasp

DCasp New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm an Aussie uni student (software engineering) and a fairly recent Mac convert. Up until September 2006 I was yet another frustrated PC user flirting with Linux as an alternative to Windows. However, after using Solaris UNIX at uni and reading about how Mac OS X is UNIX-based, I decided to buy a Core 2 Duo iMac to replace my PC. Not only was that the best purchase I have ever made, it has turned me into a die-hard Apple fan. So much so that I felt dirty when uni work meant I had to install Vista (excuse my French) on my Mac.

I now own:
    Core 2 Duo iMac 2Ghz, Core 2 Duo MacBook 2Ghz, Core Duo Mac mini 1.83Ghz, 160GB AppleTV, iPod mini 4Gb (passed away, RIP), and most recently a 16GB iPod touch.

Yes, being a student I too wonder where I got all the money from

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks to this forum and other sites, I successfully modded by iPod touch to run iPhone apps and other third party software, which I'm sure Apple would not be too happy about. I'm now targeting my AppleTV to see what I can hack it to do!

So hello, and thanks to everyone for helping me get the most out of my touch!