Hi all from UK - reasons why I should get an itouch??

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by juliagrace, Jan 12, 2008.

1. juliagrace

juliagrace New Member

Hi all

I am considering getting a ipod touch. I have an ipod classic video 30b which has hardly anything on. The main thing I like though is the web brouser. Love surfing and have wifi at home and at my parents.

Can a diary be added to this??

What other apps can I add??

Do I dare ask if there is anything better (& I don't want to shell out for an iphone)

All help and advice apprechiated

Julia

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

Hi from Manchester.

i ordered my iPod Touch before it was even released. There was no way i was gonna miss out on a device with wifi and a pretty good web browser + all the other great features. Anyway, in respone to your questions. First of all i am not aware of any 'diary' applications currently available.

However there are other apps such as the notes app which can be used for saving various snippets of text These could be used as a diary. As for other apps, if you jailbreak your iPod there are many many extra apps you would be able to install to further enhance the possibilities of your iPod. In my opinion this makes the experience much better.

Finally, in my opinion there is no other device which is better than the iPod Touch currently available on the market (even the iPhone, due to the expensive phone contract and halved hard drive size). Although the device is a bit pricier here in the UK, i really think it's well worth it. Hope that helps.

3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey! Welcome to the iPTF forums!

I do not believe there is an application available right now specifically for a diary...But like the person above me said, you could use the application called "Notes".

I really do not think there is any other device on the market currently that beats the looks and design of the iPod Touch along with it's many applications you can get after jailbreaking it.
  4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you could use textedit

that has a save function on it too
  5. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    welcome
    just get da touch u will love it
  6. juliagrace

juliagrace New Member

You dude's are great - so helpful. I am SOOOOOOO gonna get one next week (16gb) just gotta raise a bit more cash to pay the household bills aswell lol. Think I'll go sell a load of junk from around the place on eBay then go get one from BT as that is the cheapest I have found at £232.

I will defently want to jailbreak it and mod it any which way i can as i love doing that stuff.

Cheers guys

Julia

:
  7. bentnuts6

bentnuts6 New Member

Good on ya! The itouch is the best gadget ive gotten so far!
    Dan