Hhhheeeelllppp!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by cow, Jan 31, 2008.

1. cow

cow New Member

some how my computer randomly shut off when i was getting the new upgrad 1.1.3 from installer while my low battery ipod was plugged into the computer. my computer shut off in the middle of the download turning off my ipod and now its a black screen falshign with a lot of things helpppp please this cost me so much money and itunes does recognize it so i can just restore it. hhheeeellllp!!!
  2. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

this should cause you no problem whatsoever. just restart your ipod. for starters, hold the hold button for a few seconds, slide to turn off, and then press the hold (or is it home?) button to turn it back on. Then you will see the same "Upgrade" icon on your springboard as you did before when you went to download it. Open it and install!

Do all of this but this time make sure you have power...
  3. cow

cow New Member

no u dont understand when i turn my ipod on it goes right to this blinking error thing i cant get to the home screen. im really worried.
  4. ben471

ben471 New Member

Get your computer going and restore it with itunes. You said you could do that in your first post. So do that, restore.
  5. cow

cow New Member

wow sorry but that isnt what i ment i can not restore it. itunes does not recognize it.
  6. addmister

addmister New Member

If you are having trouble restoring, just take it to and apple shop and ask them to restore it for you.
  7. cow

cow New Member

i already jailbroke mine are you crazy why would they do that i thought jaimbreaking voids the warentee.
  8. domenic72

domenic72 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you try holding the power and the home button and then releasing?
  9. skynex721

skynex721 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Have you tried doing a forced recovery?
  10. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Connect your iPod to your computer, open up iTunes, and do this:

Step 1: Hold down the “Home” button

Step 2: Hold down the “Standby” button

Step 3: When it says “slide to turn off”, ignore it. (I guess in your case this won't happen, but it doesn't matter)

Step 4: It should restart with a blank screen. DO NOT LIFT THOSE BUTTONS YET.

Step 5: An “Apple” icon appears. You can lift the “Standby” button, but keep pressing the “Home” button

Step 6: Once you see a “connector” and an “iTunes” image (looks like when you just bought it), that’s when it’s in Recovery mode. You can lift all the buttons.

No matter what happens to your iPod, you can ALWAYS force restore it. Unless of course it's physically damaged and is physically unable to, but that shouldn't be a problem in your case.