Heya

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by myBuddy1017, Oct 24, 2009.

1. myBuddy1017

myBuddy1017 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey whats up IPTF. My name is Chris, and I've been coming here since I got my iPod touch 3G 8GB. Which sadly cannot be jailbroken yet, but that's okay. After reading and searching the forums, I'm not sure I want to really jailbreak my iPT.

But the only thing concerning me right now is, does the iPod Touch 3G 8GB have a FM Radio in it, and is it possible for me to buy the headphones with microphone in it -- and have it work.

My iPT came with the app Voice Memo, I'm not sure if it's standard for all iPT 3G 3.1.x, or that it came with it because it does support the ability to record.

I've been all through the apple website, and it only seems like the 32/64GB models are the only ones that would have the Mic and FM radio compatibility.

When I was at Best Buy to get my iPT, they said the new 3G models are worth getting, because of the FM radio and voice memo abilities. I feel like I have been ripped off...

Have I? Is my iPT 3G 8GB un-capable of the FM radio and the voice memo?
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The 8gb does not have a radio. And welcome to iptf!
  3. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It is capable of Voice Memos.

You just have to buy the Apple Mic Earbuds seperately.
  4. myBuddy1017

myBuddy1017 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the welcoming!

and Damn... I feel scammed...and a little stupid lol. They said it has a FM radio, but eh... thanks for the info! :]
  5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    umm, unless something happened very recently then the 8gb is still just a 2g