Hey

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Arav, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Arav

Arav New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and thought I'd drop in to join in on the convos. I'm from New Jersey and the name is Aj, Anthony, Arav...Whatever you wanna call me.

I jailbroke my iPod a long time ago and I love it. A Touch just isn't worth buying unless you jailbreak it xD; however, I'm a newb when it comes to this sort of thing =/ I have a few questions for anyone who can help me but I only have one that comes to mind.

When I access the Installer application, I'd find a application that I'd like to install, however, most of the time I get an alert that says, "Warning! this application may be unsafe to install" when I hit Install, it shows me, "Cannot find host" Or something along those words. Any ideas as to what may be going on with my Installer? Is this everyone or is it just my Installer.app?

I hope you can help me and I hope I can be an active member around this forum!
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

It might be a problem with your wifi connection. How did you jailbreak your touch?
  3. Arav

Arav New Member

I used a youtube tutorial. I could find the one I used if that would clear things up for you. I'm not all that great with this sorta thing so telling you specifically how I did it would sound retarded from my mouth xD
  4. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah it can be just your wi-fi connection. just tap renew lease sometimes that works.
  6. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

welcome to the forum hopefully we can solve all ur problems
  7. IPT_FTW

IPT_FTW Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Welcome. Have you installed Bosstools from Installer and relocated your fonts?
  8. Arav

Arav New Member

It might be my WiFi considering my neighbor lets me use his wireless connection so I usually only have 1 or 2 bars. Still..A lot of applications are telling me "Error-Package download failed!" I tried the renew lease and to refresh the sources on my Installer.app but there's no luck. Any other ideas, anyone?

Windows, what do you mean?
  9. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When you failed installing an app, did you clear your "queue"?
    If an application is not available to download and then you try to download another one, it will display the same message until you clear it. Or it might be your connection.
  10. Arav

Arav New Member

I always clear the queue. I just thought of something; I jailbroke my iPod a LONG time ago...back in December or January I believe. Could this have any effect on the Installer.app considering there may have been new versions?