Hey

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by stu101, Dec 22, 2007.

1. stu101

stu101 New Member

I just thot I'd say a quick hello. Im getting an ipod tocuh for xmas from the other half but i am not allowed to have it now! I even know where its been hidden! So frustrating lol (Think I might just go and get it now and open it as an 'early' xmas pressie.

I've recently registered and been scanning the site to pick up as much info as possible and ATTEMPT to understand the jargon and processes. I think I'm there with the whole jailbreak process (downgrade then upgrade back again) But really confused to what 'SSH' does and what 'FTP' means. I kinda get that FTP is an interface but am uncertain of what software to use. Any explanations would be appreciated. I'm kinda techie so understand most jargon but unfortunatley the extent of my programming is HTML which, I know sucks lol. Anyway I'll stop ranting and say any help appreciated and if I don't hear from any1 b4, Merry Xmas!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Stu101
    P.s. I know im an uber loser surfing a forum for a gadget I dont even have yet. lol

2. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    welcome to iptf
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, welcome to iPTF forums! And no, it's actually good to learn about something before going at it, that way it'll be easier to do it. Jailbreaking isn't that hard of a processes, just gotta read a couple steps, and you'll be through it in no time. SSH and FTP are just general terms to iPod Touch/iPhone users...You'll get to know them in no time...SSH just basically means getting inside your iPod touch and accessing the files. (Some SSH programs are CuteFTP 8 Professional, and WinSCP).

Just stick around the forum, read, post and you'll learn in no time...Everyones a noob at the beginning.

4. miseracord

miseracord New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, it's smart to do that. xD Anyways, welcome to the forums!
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SSH (secure shell), is a method of sending files over wifi on a local network. A FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a program that allows you to use SSH to transfer the files.

I hope this clears it up, send me a PM if you have any more questions.

I hope you have a good time here, happy holidays!