Hey Noob Here

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ForeverPimpin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ForeverPimpin

ForeverPimpin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys n gals, i am new, and have some questions i cant quite seem to find on other sites or google.

So i am buying a 32gb 1st Gen touch. I have no idea what FW will be on it. Will be able to downgrade the FW to 2.2 so i can jailbreak, and is 2.2 the most current besides 3.0.
    Is JB FW diffrent from the FW that apple gives, or its it the same with extra features that allow custom apps n games to be run.

Can i install games and apps, n all, with out wi-fi, thru the usb cable, and are all the apps n games for JB touches free. Is it like the psp, where we have the OFW from sony, and the CFW which allows homebrew games and apps to be played ran, with extra hidden options. Is there a link, site, where i can see all the most current apps n games for like my specific ipod, and is updated normally. Or are we not there yet.

When i put apps on the ipod or games do i have to do anything specail, and where will they go on the memory. To show up on my menu.

I guess thats it for now, i really appreciate all u help.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    A: 2.2.1 is the most current besides 3.0, but 3.0 can be jailbroken as well... Many applications have been ported into 3.0, if you already have 3.0, I'd keep it.

B:Wi-Fi is the easiest way to install the applications, otherwise, you can always SSH (Search it if you don't know what it is) through USB. MOST Jailbreak apps are free, some will require a purchase.

C:It is a lot like the PSP in the sense that the jailbreak allows use of unsigned code. Cydia (requires Wi-Fi) is the best application (built in by the way) that will notify you of updates/upgrades.

D: Nothing special has to be done, just install them using SSH or through Cydia, App store applicaitons (Official applicaitons) will sync through iTunes. Jailbroken applications will show up in the memory as "Other" while app store apps will show up as "Applications".

Feel free to keep asking about anything else you're confused/concerned about... Just keep it within the rules...
  3. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you just sumed it up for him like a pro
  4. ForeverPimpin

ForeverPimpin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, thanx that helps a lot. I will, thanx u guys.