Hey I am looking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BigD, Jan 19, 2010.

1. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    at Ipod 3rd Gen Touches. Anything i should no before i decide to get one. Is it worth the extra 100 bucks to get the 32gb??? i will be doing a bit of everything including gaming. will the 32 make a significant difference from the 8gb or not??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    what kind of case and screen protector should i get
  2. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The 8GB 3G is technically NOT a 3G.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But if you have a lot of music, like 1,000+ songs, I recommend a 32GB. I have like 750 songs, and my 8GB is almost out of space (including apps, videos, etc).

For cases, check with someone else. I'm not good with those, but trust me, you WILL need a case. The backs of these things are like so easy to scratch.

Good luck shopping!
  3. ipodaddict5

ipodaddict5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    8 is technicly a 3g if its tethered jailbreak its a 3g i have a 8gb and its tethered even if you have over 1000 songs it dosent matter 8 gbs is acually bigger than you think! I personally would not bye the 32 i would just stick with 8gb and your almost out of space cause of the videos youdont need all of them i garentee and if you have apps that you never play delete them!
  4. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so you would stick with the 3g 8 gb. sorry i am new at this what does this mean "tethered jailbreak"
  5. bullwrinkle

bullwrinkle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you can afford the 32g get it I don’t think you’ll have any regrets.
    I have use up almost 8g (since Christmas) with over 1,000 songs and 24 apps. As far as screen protection goes I like Zagg’s invisible shield. It can be tricky to apply so if you don't want to do yourself the store will do it for you for about 6 bucks per side. I also have a leather type flip case it’s not flashy (does not attract attention either) but works well for me.
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Get a 32gb since it is a true 3g

unlike the 8gb which is basically a 2g because it doesn't have the updated specs etc so it ISN'T technically a 3g, i have almost filled up my 32gb i have almost 2000 songs about 4 films and over 500 apps

7. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, it's only tethered cause of the updated bootrom
  8. Camride

Camride New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    8 vs 32 vs 64 all depends on how much music you have and how much you think you'll have before you're ready to upgrade. My last mp3 player (Creative Vision:M, 30GB) lasted me a good 3 years. Now I have over 40GB of music and the 64GB Touch works perfect for me. I actually wish there was a 128GB version because I know it'd last me at least 3 years. Also take into consideration movies. I only put movies on if I'm going on a flight or something, otherwise I don't really keep much on there in terms of videos. Apps can also start to take up a bit of room if you're an app-fiend.

Personally I'd always go one up what I think I need (if you can afford it). I wouldn't recommend anything but the 32GB or higher. 8GB is just too small IMO.
  9. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    get the 32gb, just wait for a sale, target usually does a gift card with ipods every month or 2 but since Xmas just went by they might just be a while cuz they did it like 3-4 weeks out of the 10 before Xmas
  10. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I thought 8gb was way too much. 6 months later, it is completely filled.