Hey Guys :D

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Albert Tai, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Albert Tai

Albert Tai New Member

This forum I been on since I was waiting for my touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was going to get a iphone but I don't call much I use a pay per talk like 11 dollars a month so I did not go get one from rogers (i called in and said use the lowest plan 17.5 + activation fee and tax is like 30 dollars). 20 dollars more X 12X3 years=720 dollars...then add the 720 dollars to the 249 dollars (its 199.99 on rogers if you use a plan with a data u can do without tho but higher price). which is like a total of 969. So I decided to get a touch instead

. I was going to get a 16gb ipod touch but one the day we went boxing day there was no ermm sales for 2g (1g there was tho...like 32gb one for only 349.99 i believe). I didn't like the 1g cause my parents wanted me not to go deaf so i had to have a speaker..2g. I went and saw there was no more 16gb or 32gb 2g left and the guy said the 2g 8gb one was only for 199.99. I asked him several times was it true he said yes. Then my parents bought it I was happy cause i waited about 1-2 years from goign from iphone->touchable phones->ipod touch. Then my mom saw the receipt and it was 229.99 so we were gonan refund it and buy the 16gb after the boxing day (so there was more stock). But the custoemr service let me buy it for 199.99

Postive: Cheap i got it probably the most cheapest i will ever get
    Negative: Less space >.>

Anyways Im hoping for a jailbreak on the 2g soon

and the people who think there is one i saw a few videos they add a icon for a bookmark on the wallpaper...all fake.

I hope the ipod touch 3g doesn't come out soon...or i would be bloodly furious.
    Im thinking of might ermm convincing my friend he has a iphone 2g unlocked and he doesn't call maybe i can convince him to sell it to me cheap (he bought it for 599.99 in dubai).
    Cross my fingers >.> I want a iphone seriously tho i think its awesome and iphone >ipod touch but the plans is more. If i called alot i would buy it with a plan for 30 dollars a month but i don't and it would be waste of my parnets money.

Sorry for a long introduction I was very excited

I have no case yet no scratches except the back a little

which i feel very sick about but im not going to use it for like 500 years after 2-3 years Ill be like 17-18 ill have a job and probably get a iphone 10g or some sicker generations.

AHHH sorry again for long intro I love the forums its very organized

Alot of nubs thinking ipod touch 2g has jailbreak >.>
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You won for the Award for longest intro ever!!!

I mean.

Welcome, Welcome!!

Ok well sorry to burst your bubble but iPod 3G will come out in the Fall.

So you still have time to keep your iPod brand new so when it comes out you can sell it.

I'm 50% sure it will come out so don't quote me on that one.
  3. Albert Tai

Albert Tai New Member

I got a few scratches on the back :[
    I am not cheap but my parents doesn't want me buyign a case cause I don't know but futureshop and best buy where I live they have like 2-3 cases for ipod touch 2g and they are like 39.99
    mosto f them doesn't even come with screen protectors
    ****ing ripp offs
    like i seen iphone cases I even seen one which was freaking
    WHY WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE RACIST AGAINST ipod touch 2g users
    They have like 4 shelfs of iphone cases and 3 ipod touch 2g cases in that freaking 4 shelf
    =[
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Have you ever considered getting in contact with a case company and offering to write up a review/your opinion of their case in return for them sending it to you for free?

I have 35 iPod touch cases, 17 iPod touch 2G cases and 5 iPhone 3G cases from that exact method. Not that I wanted them for free but because I review Apple cases and accessories.
  5. Albert Tai

Albert Tai New Member

Wow thanks

Thanks for your advice
    Ermm so just go on case company sites and small ones and say I'll write a review on this forum or something?
    Thanks again Ill try that soon

------------------double post merged------------------
    emailed two companies

see if they will respond
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hopefully they will

They'll send it to you for free including the S&H, you just need to review it somewhere like on this forum.
  7. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What ur parents DONT what u getting a case. whats up w/ that. tell them that it is scientifically proven to expand the life span of like 97.8% of all electronic devices. and that the 2.2% is for like refrigerators, wahsing machines, and tvs. tell me how is goes.

oh ya and WELCOME
  8. Albert Tai

Albert Tai New Member

Well cuz im not going to use it for 2-3 years more cuz ill be 18 then a job

probably a few new generation of touch
    and the case doesn't work on the new generation
    and a case is like 39.99 in futuresho pand best buy (the iphone ones sare so cheap )
    so i kinda agree with them.
    Only if apple made the back unscratchable it feels like playdough
    Online there is some really cheap cases but most ships to U.S. I live in canada and things in canada are so god damn expensive