Hey Folks, how about them local sports team?

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by dietchrist, Sep 25, 2009.

1. dietchrist

dietchrist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I guess my last introduction post didn't get posted.... So I'll repeat it.

So I'm just this guy, ya know. The first person to know what that line is from will get a pony, and or cake mailed to them! Well, emailed maybe because I'm very lazy..... However on the plus side, THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE, the pony might be. Seriously though I'm here with a purpose/mission/cause/gas. I worked as a cellphone salesman and tech for the last year and was recently baited into a bet that boiled down to me not being allowed to use a cell phone for one calendar year. I know, weak sauce but there will be great rewards if I win this bet. Since I'm a crafty, nerdy type I plan to make my ipod touch a wifi phone to replace the gaping space in my soul. I hope to find a way to use my blue tooth headset as the mic since it seems compatible mics cost at least 35$+ and I'm a very cheap man. That is my purpose/mission/cause and it may be the cause of many dumb questions being posted. However I am fairly well versed in at&t/tmobile iphone tricks and jail breaking so I'll try to help others with their dumb questions as well. And now I will begin with my first dumb question if I may.
    :drum roll:
    Is it possible to crack the iphone firmware over to a ipod touch allowing me to load hands free blue tooth profiles? Would the lack of hardware result in cataclysmic crashes? That seems to be the main barraier I'm facing. The ipod won't recognize my headset as it isn't A2DP compatible. It's one of those sexy little Plantronics 925's. Any help would be much appreciated and possibly rewarded with mailed ponies/cakes.
  2. dietchrist

dietchrist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Woh. Wow. sh*t... Don't try to aggressively load iphone 3.0 software into an ipod touch, it's bad. I didn't get any responses so I just winged it and I haven't seen so many pretty lights say terrible things since I was a blackberry tech! So anyone one know of a project that's trying to load hands free profiles onto an ipod touch where I could lend a hand? It seems to me that if we could get the hands free profiles working blue tooth mic support would be a relatively simple twiddle and bam, we could fring/skype/call free with blue tooth! You can get a modern blue tooth that syncs to two phones and call forwarding towards your free call service so whenever your in wifi your calls would automatically skip to the free service and your blue tooth picks up the touch first as you pay 10$ a month for pay as you go and still have infinite calling everywhere! That was a bit of a ramble but I'm very hung over this Saturday.