Hey 2g owners do you feel 1g owners try to play down the 2g's benefits over the 1g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThrowAway, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Hey 2g owners do you feel 1g owners try to play down the 2g's benefits over the 1g? I think it's a psychological way of bolstering up their sadness that September's release of the new touch 2nd generation has made some feel that their 1g is now in some ways inadequate and not bleeding edge.

I do. In nearly every thread that turns into a 1g Vs 2g thread, I feel that a lot of the 1g owners try to diminish the improvements that Apple have added to the 2nd generation touch.

I know it must be hard to have their beloved iPod touch's superseded in the technology race (I did that's why I updated) but thats life. Things are only cutting edge for a limited amount of time. I love my 2g (as I loved my 1g), but it'll be gone when Apple brings out the latest and greatest 3rd gen touch.

We live in a disposable world......newer is better.
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    "some ways inadequate" Dude the 1g is awesome! Can u say jailbreak lol

However i resently sold mine for 50squid i loved it
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

Yes, I strongly agree with you. I love my 2g Touch and I know they love it too. Lol. That makes me feel good, except for the fact that I have to prove them wrong every time.
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i agree, but i do miss jailbreaking, but i also love speakers and volume buttons

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

My little bro has a 1g and I have the 2g. He never tries to do this, but hes happy that he has the 1g. I think both the 1g and 2g are wonderful products, regardless of the differences.
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    hey, dont steal avatars
  7. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    the 1g is = to the 2g because it can be jailbroken and thats it
  8. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I've never noticed any sort of "war" between them.

Actually, one of my friends who has a 1G desperately wants a 2G.
    I have contemplated trading him my 2G for his 1G and some cash.
  9. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    2 friends have the 2g. I've tried every comparison I care about and find basically that their external speaker, while nice, is not worth the pissy on-off-on wifi issues that both of them are having. Headphone output sounds exactly the same. Apps do load "slightly" faster on the 2g. I see no improvements in graphics while playing games. Strangely one has better battery life than mine and one has worse. Maybe quality issue, so cant really compare there. Overall the improvements are not worth the trade-off of losing jb to me. For people who dont care to customize the look, the 2g is the way to go. If I was going to buy another touch, I would buy a 2g. No sense in buying older technology for basically the same price. Anyhoo, no jealousy here.
  10. upsidedownsoup

upsidedownsoup Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    only thing that can ever possibly make it </= to the 1g, is the jailbreak thing.

if 2g is jail-broken... scratch that, WHEN its jail-broken, i can nearly guarantee you that apple's sales will go SHOOM! technical term of course