Here's my problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JackWH, Jun 15, 2010.

1. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I preordered an iPhone 4 32GB. All very exciting. In the Apple Store, they gave me 3 options - 1) Contract 2) PAYG 3) Sim-free.

Being a student, I don't want to be tied to a long-term contract when some months I may not have the cash or need to save up, etc. So my choice is really PAYG or Sim-free.

The Concierge put me through as PAYG, but he said I could choose 'any' option when I collect it (meaning if I want contract on the 24th, I could still have it).

So I now have 9 days to decide what to do. I was wondering if perhaps anyone could recommend something to 'these specifications':

• I'm in the UK. UK plans are a must!
    • I'm ideally looking for a PAYG tariff
    • Although, I would consider contract providing it was £10/month ish (student = unemployed = cheapskate)
    • I can take a contract/PAYG price plan on ANY network, providing they will be able to offer a Microsim on the morning of June 24th
    • I would ideally like to get it Sim-free so that I can sell it on for more in the future, which is why I'd like to get sim-free and collect a microsim from a network shop after collection of iPhone
    • I don't make many calls. I wouldn't need more than ~100minutes/month
    • I send a few texts, but not as many as some... between 150 and 300 texts/month
    • Internet Browsing: I'd really like something that gives me quite a bit of freedom with 3G, e.g. nothing expensive, but still a comfortable amount of data...

So, is anyone on a scheme that would fit this that they could recommend, or, do they have any ideas?

Cheers!

Jack
  2. kevuk09

kevuk09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    best network will be o2,i get unlimited texts and unlimited internet,i top up 15 pound a month and keep the 15 pound aswell,they will give you a new micro-sim for free i believe,go to o2 tell them your getting a iphone 4 and need a micro-sim and you want to be on the text and web tariff.
  3. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you mean online or in store? I just got my 16gb and never got that choice ..... either way from what I've seen O2 has the best deals.... I'm going with them.... here's a link to their prices.... look at the simplicity for iPhone tariffs
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html