heres a car stereo/i-pod control trick i found last night

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agent lead, Nov 30, 2007.

1. agent lead

agent lead New Member

i have my ipod cable factory installed in my honda accord..when i plug it in the head unit takes control of the ipod and you have to control it thru there.

it does not display the song titles or let you browse..mostly just random play in a certain playlist or shuffle all songs

if there happens to be a particular song i want to hear i have to disconnect the cable..start the song on the ipod..and then replug it to get it to play..

this has been extremely annoying for me..

anyway last night i discovered that if you can force the ipod touch to go into "slide to unlock" mode..it will stop playing your music, but it will also then open it up to allow you to choose what you want to hear..you wont be able to control it from the headunit anymore..but you will be able to browse thru your songs and pick what you want to listen to.

best way ive found to get it to go into "slide to unlock" mode is to make a simple change in customize like carrier image or something so that when you exit out of it ..it resets ..as it resets the music stops and viola! you can now control your ipod..with your ipod!
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

That sounds like way too much hassle... Just get a mini dock with batteries and off you go... well atleast until some decent car stereo kit is released... :~]
  3. agent lead

agent lead New Member

i hardly consider this a hassle..if you have a car stereo that takes control of your ipod this is invaluable advise if you want to be able to listen to what you want on the fly..it takes 2 seconds to set up
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    theres a really easy way to get it to go into the slide to unlock mode. if you download the app called "SysInfo" theres a button as soon as you open the app, right on the bottom that says "respring" hit that, it reboots your springboard, bringing to to the slide to unlock screen, just as if you changed your carrier image, but its 100x easier cuz its just one button. try it out

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope that helps
  5. agent lead

agent lead New Member

excellent..thanks man..the point is that no matter how its done..it will allow you to control your ipod with the ipod itself...i was just using the customize app as an example..