Here in the Apple Terms States Gift Card when buying Apps.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Qartin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I bought a $25 gift card from iTunes and I noticed that it is not available so I went to the website with the Terms on the back of the card and it stated this.

4. Gift certificates, iTunes Cards, content codes and monthly allowances purchased in Canada must be redeemed through the Canadian iTunes Store, open only to persons above the age of 13. Not all products may be available. Content and pricing subject to availability at the time of actual download. **Gift certificates, iTunes Cards, and monthly allowances may not be used to purchase software, games, or apps.** Internet access and compatible software and hardware are required.

Right here.
    http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ca/terms.html#GIFTS

So there you have it you need a credit card to purchase Apps from the Appstore atleast in Canada I know.
  2. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can someone confirm this in Germany? I was thinking of buying a 50 euro card.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    well i got a £15 card and it worked fine for apps.
  4. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmmm yes even I used the cards in uk and it worked fine! Now that I am in germany, it would be great if someone can help me out. I am really not interested in buying the card if I can buy only music!!!
  5. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its a law only in canada. That you cannot purchase Software with Gift Cards. So basically you can buy movies, music, and other ipod games but not any apps, because it is considered software and is against the canadian law?

I f***in hate the canadian law now.
  6. dsfindlay

dsfindlay New Member

I discovered this when I noticed my gift card balance wasn't going down. I thought I was getting away with free apps...until I saw my credit card balance. Unreal.
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad