HELPP! Cant get WildEyes at all, tried everything

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by domyue, Nov 8, 2008.

1. domyue

domyue New Member

I tried literally all sources I could search and experiment with online and on forums. To absolutely no avail for the last 2 hours.

I've installed the Tenex (its apparently the new BSD or something) and installed the LightTPD, hoping to install the bloody WildEyes. I've got Cydia running but I can't find this app anywhere

Not found on MMI source nor the Databinge source. The latter didnt even work...got some bzip2 error or something to that effect when it tried to update.

So how can I get hold of it?? I wanna read PDF's in landscape and Doc 2.1 didnt work for me (the options bar is not there and lots of other people have this problem it seems)

I've got a 2.1 iPod Touch (1G) and its jailbroken.

Thanks a lot guys
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is WildEyes even out for 2.x? It might be a 1.1.x-exclusive app, in which case you can't get it on a 2.x iPod.
  3. domyue

domyue New Member

Ah...its not out for 2.1??

Is that the best way to view PDF's if it WERE released for 2.1??

I'm u sing "Docs 2.1" at the moment. And its faulty in that it doesnt have the option bar at the bottom, but instead, it has an advertisement bar, which directs me to the app-store when tapped.

I'm kinda lost in this realm of iPod Touch and installers and stuff. I've only recently procured this iPod so...very much a newbie
  4. mike11131

mike11131 New Member

ok well idk if i am in the right one but i have jailbroken my ipod touch and i have downloaded about 20 games and about 20 other stuff and now when i tryed to download games it says download failed everytime and i already downloaded bosstools so its not that and i try to uninstall games cuase i thought maybe its full but it says download failed for that to so idk wats up but can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can already veiw pdfs in safari....
  6. domyue

domyue New Member

??!!! How?????

Can I really "open" a pdf like you would a normal file??

I've already FTP'ed myself a few pdf files in the "documents" folder of the Touch. So All I need to know is how to make Safari access that file location. Thanks
  7. porky101

porky101 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea I am sure that all you have to do is email it to urself then go to the apple mail client on the itouch or iphone and it should ask you if you want to open the attachment
  8. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    go to cydia.. and install a package called file:// scheme (somthing like that...) and write the name of the fil down or memorize... and type into safari the loction of file...
    ex.
    file://private/var/mobile/Downloads/example.pdf
  9. domyue

domyue New Member

Thanks very informative!! i've been using docs 2.1 etc... wish someone told me this earlier!!

The crucial thing i didnt realise when I just did it now was that the path you type into the safari browser - it HAS to be case sensitive!

One more question: I've got a file that has spaces in the file-name. How do I enter this file-name in the address bar of safari (you can't enter spaces normally)??
  10. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ssh (or go to cydia and download mobile finder) and replace all spaces with somthing...