help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 888wardy, Nov 12, 2007.

1. 888wardy

888wardy New Member

can anyone please help me. i purchased my ipod touch recently n everything was sound, until the other day that is. when i plugged it into the usb as normal, my whole computer froze and i couldn't undo it. i've unplugged it and plugged it back in and occasionally it comes up with a message saying there is no driver installed for this device, or that the device has malfuctioned. i have done every troubleshooter under the sun and everything seems to be running smoothly. now nothing can be plugged into my usb ports as the computer once again just freezes. help
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First try restarting your computer, hold F8 as it boots up (it will make some weird beeping noises, but trust me, they're fine) than when some options come up, use your keyboard to select Start Windows Normally, or something like that. Windows will usually recheck all of its drivers when doing this.

If that doesn't work try following this guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790 and attempt to restore your iPod. If that doesn't work either, you likely have a bad iPod (or something on your computer is conflicting). Try connecting the iPod to somebody else's computer and see if it works. If it does than the problem is your computer, if it doesn't, try to get a new iPod.
  3. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well considering he says "now NOTHING can be plugged into the USB ports" that leads me to believe its a computer problem, not a ipod problem. what operating system are you running?
  4. 888wardy

888wardy New Member

i'm runnin windows xp home edition.