help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by gigity, May 23, 2008.

1. gigity

gigity New Member

Every time I try to plug my iPod into iTunes it asks me if I want to restore it from the backup of my old ipod or set it up as a new one. I hit restore from backup and it takes a million years to sync what normally takes 5-10 min. I'm trying to get a song i downloaded from islsk onto my computer but it deletes it when i restore from the backup but it keeps all my apps. And if i unplug it right after I plug it in all my songs and videos are gone but my pix and apps remain. O and i deleted iTunes_Control from var/root/media because my ipod wouldn't connect to iTunes at all and someone said that would fix it. Any help?!?!?!?!?!?!
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iTunes deletes songs that you flash into the library through iSlsk. The proper way is to NOT import them and instead SSH and find them in var/mobile/downloads or/var/mobile/media/downloads.
  3. gigity

gigity New Member

What about it asking me if i want to restore and syncing forever? and how do you not import the song when you plug it into itunes?
  4. gigity

gigity New Member

I ssh the song out but now I can't move it into iTunes. It has the little plus by the arrow when i drag it meaning it will add it to there but when i drop it, it doesn't appear. And i still need help with the auto-restore.
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    if you need to import and it won't when you drag and drop, do a Control O.
  6. gigity

gigity New Member

all my songs are in mpeg format so i doubt it will work since it's an mp3. Do you think that when it asks me to restore that I should set up as new ipod? what if or will it erase all my apps?
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It will erase apps no matter what. I recommend setting up as new iPod.
  8. gigity

gigity New Member

No!! I hate restoring i'm not gonna lose all my apps!
  9. gigity

gigity New Member

Ok i think almost all my problems are fixed except when i sync my ipod it syncs fast but then gets slower and slower till about halfway through it is barely moving. And my memory space went WAY down it says I have 4.79 GIGS of other and only 36.2 mb free space It wasn't like that at all before and I installed BossTool. Still nothing.