Help....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by a21d, Mar 3, 2008.

1. a21d

a21d New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i was trying to use the vista maximus theme and i don't understand these steps...could someone help me out with the categories app..?:
    YOU MUST HAVE CATEGORIES INSTALLED ON YOUR IPOD TO DO THIS!!!

There are a couple of steps here so pay attention!

1.place all files from CATEGORIES ICONS in /private/var/Applications/Categories.app/icons

2. ON your ipod open categories and create a category.....this will be our main desktop icon.....so for instinst we will use MAIN

3. now make your subicon categories.....these will be the icons nested in your MAIN icon.....so for instinst we will make two subicons....SUB1 and SUB2

4.Now add all your apps into your subicons.....do not add your MAIN.app, Safari.app, MAIN.app, or your SUB.apps
    into the subicons

5. Now in categories still, place all your subicons into the MAIN.app....so for instinst i would add the SUB1 and SUB2 into my MAIN.app

6. NOw in Customize....hide everything except for your MAIN.app and Safari.app(this means you do hide your sub.apps)

7. once you have done this ssh into your ipod and go to the directory /private/var/Applications
    now located the MAIN.app and place the background.png from the MAINICONBAK folder(on pc) to the MAIN.app(on ipod)

8. Now go back to /private/var/Applications and place the background.png from the SUBICONBAK folder(on pc) to the....in my case SUB1.app

9. repeat step 8 for all sub icons you may have mad